Thursday 20 June 2013

Grace by Grace Coddington

First Published: 2012 by Chatto and Windus (London)
Date Started: 12th June 2013
Date Finished: 16th June 2013
Genre: Autobiography/Memoir
Read For: Casual
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grace Coddington has always played a massive part in the making of US Vogue magazine. Putting her all into her creative shoots, she helps to make the magazine what it is. Since the documentary, The September Issue, was realised, Grace has become known all over the fashion world. The documentary showed how Grace could be when working, but this book demonstrates who she really is.
From living in wartime Anglesey to being creative director of Vogue, her book tells the fascinating story of how she made it to where she is today.
Filled with funny stories and her own illustrations, this is a book for all fashion lovers all there.

I have no idea how many times I have watched The September Issue. Before I watched the documentary, I had never heard of Grace. When watching it, I loved what she did. I thought her shoots were amazing to look at as if they were a piece of art. She became someone who I looked up to and aspired to be. When I heard about this book, I knew I had to get it.

One of the great things about the book was that it didn't just talk about her work. She talks about her personal life including friendships, romance, and her family. It all builds up to where she is now. Photographs and illustrations help make the book even more fun to read.

Now that I've read the book, I've learned just how amazing Grace really is. Fashion lover or not, she's someone who can be looked up to. She's a hard-working and passionate woman who stands up for what she believes in.



No comments:

Post a Comment